Mr. Mahendran is licensed by The Florida Bar to practice law in the State of Florida and he is authorized to engage in multi-jurisdictional federal immigration practice. He is a member of the Bars of the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. Mr. Mahendran is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Mr. Mahendran was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka and is an immigrant of the United States who is a naturalized citizen. His immigrant background makes Mr. Mahendran sensitive to the personal needs and issues of his immigration clients.
Mr. Mahendran graduated from Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts with a B.A. in Biology. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida. His practice focuses exclusively in the area of United States Immigration & Naturalization Law.
Over the years, Mr. Mahendran has given live seminars and has appeared on radio talk shows to discuss a wide range of immigration topics and problem issues.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1997
- B.A., Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, 1991
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida, 1998
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1999
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2000
- US 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2000
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Florida Bar Association; Member Since 1998
- American Immigration Lawyers Association; Member Since 2003
- Broward County Bar Association; Member Since 2004
- City of Pembroke Pines, Florida YMCA Basketball Coach, 2006, 2011 through 2019
- City of Pembroke Pines, Florida Soccer Coach 2006 through 2017
- City of Pembroke Pines, Florida YMCA Basketball Division Champions 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017
- City of Pembroke Pines/Miramar Florida Youth Football Coach 2018