Visitor Visas

Visitor Visas B-1/B-2 - Business or Pleasure

The most commonly used visa used to enter and stay temporarily in the United States is the Visitor Visa. There are two types of Visitor Visas, the B-1 Business Visitor Visa and the B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa. Applicable restrictions of the use of such visas include the nature of visit to the United States as well as the nationality of the visitor. The Visa Waiver Program (eliminating the need for such a visa) may apply, depending upon the nationality of the visitor. As is the case with individuals who need a B-1 or B-2 visa, restrictions exist for those who qualify for the waiver. The Law Offices of Nishan C. Mahendran is ready to assist you in obtaining that visa for your stay in the United States.

Visitor Visa Eligibility

Eligibility for B-1 and B-2 visas requirements include the need of proof that the intent of the trip to the United States is not, repeat, not, to immigrate to the country. The length of time the individual can stay in the United States on such a visa can be extended, subject to approval of the requested extension.

Visitor Visa Extension

If you want to apply for a Visitor Visa or Visitor Visa Extension, The Law Offices of Nishan C. Mahendran, P.A. will be happy to help you in obtaining your temporary tourist or business visa or your application to add to or extend your visitor visa status. Please contact our office to schedule an in person appointment or telephonic consultation to discuss your Visitor Visa Application or Visitor Visa Extension Application.

For additional information about B-1 or B-2 temporary visas for business purposes or pleasure, respectively, please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) web site.

CONTACT US · Free Initial Consultation